Stuart N. Herschfeld
|Stuart N. Herschfeld||240-499-2564|
|[email protected]||Download V-Card|
Mr. Herschfeld started his legal career more than 28 years ago, focusing on the defense of hospitals, physicians, nurses, and other health care providers in medical malpractice cases in Maryland and Washington, D.C. Over that period of time, Mr. Herschfeld had extraordinary success in obtaining verdicts on behalf of his clients. However, he changed his practice and now focuses exclusively on the representation of individuals injured as a result of medical malpractice and other significant personal injury cases. Mr. Herschfeld’s previous experience in defending health care providers now provides him with valuable experience and insight in the representation of injured persons regarding the pursuit of medical malpractice and other significant personal injury cases.
- Super Lawyers, Maryland
- Super Lawyers, District of Columbia
- Maryland Association for Justice, Legislative Leaders Circle
- District of Columbia Bar Association
- Montgomery County Bar Association
- Montgomery County Inn of Court, Barrister
- Lawyers of Distinction
- Litigation Counsel of America
- Coordinator—Mock Trials, University of Maryland Dental School
- Grand Rounds—Washington Hospital Center
- Grand Rounds—Georgetown University Medical Center
- Grand Rounds—The George Washington University Medical Center
- Settled a significant six figure claim against a medical practice group for failure to properly manage a patient post-operatively, resulting in the patient becoming septic necessitating multiple hospitalizations and surgeries.
- Obtained a substantial six figure settlement for a wrongful death claim where a patient was improperly managed in the operating room resulting in the patient suffering a stroke and subsequently causing the patient’s death.
- Negotiated a significant six figure settlement against a medical practice group for failing to properly manage a patient and obtain a timely diagnosis and treatment for cancer, resulting in an early death.
- Settled near seven figure case in a dental malpractice lawsuit in which in was alleged that a general dentist in the District of Columbia improperly performed a gingivectomy that caused the plaintiff to develop osteonecrosis of the jaw, requiring surgical removal of half the jaw and reconstructive surgical procedures.
- Part of a legal team who obtained a seven figure settlement from a Baltimore hospital where it was alleged that the physician improperly performed a bone marrow harvesting procedure that resulted in the injury to the patient’s spine causing permanent intractable pain to the patient.
- Secured the highest “high-low” arrangement against one of the largest insurers of physicians in the State of Maryland regarding a medical malpractice lawsuit against a cardiologist for an alleged failure to properly manage a patient’s anti-coagulation status resulting in a hemorrhagic stroke. Despite a jury’s verdict in favor of the physician, the client obtained a significant six figure payment from the physician’s insurance carrier.
- Settled a lawsuit against an emergency physician’s practice for an alleged failure to perform an x-ray when a patient presented to an emergency department complaining of sports-related injury to his knee. The patient had an undiagnosed tibial plateau fracture of his leg that went untreated and developed into compartment syndrome.
- Settled a lawsuit against a pharmacy in the District of Columbia where the claim was improper filing of a prescription for eye medication that resulted in blindness in one eye.
- Settled a six figure dental malpractice case where it was alleged that the general dentist improperly performed various procedures that resulted in the patient losing several teeth. The settlement was effectuated despite the dentist’s claim that the statute of limitations precluded the patient’s claim.
- Settled a near seven figure motor vehicle accident claim for passengers involved in an accident on Route 97 near Annapolis, Maryland.