Albert D. Brault
|Albert D. Brault
Albert D. Brault is repeatedly recognized by his professional peers and judges as a revered and experienced attorney.
He has successfully represented countless clients in medical malpractice, commercial and general liability cases and has been counsel of record in scores of cases that have established substantive and procedural law in the State of Maryland and the District of Columbia.
Mr. Brault is a Fellow of the American College of Trial Lawyers, of which he was Maryland State Chair from 1998 to 2000 (2000 to 2001 ex officio) and served as Regent for Maryland and the District of Columbia from 2002 to 2006. He served as president of the Bar Association of Montgomery County. He was an active member of the Standing Committee on Rules of Practice and Procedure of the Court of Appeals of Maryland from 1973 until 2013. He also served as chairman of the Qualifications Committee for Admission to the United States District Court for the District of Maryland and, as such, dealt with the King Committee, successor to the Devitt Commission, on lawyer competency before the federal courts. In addition, Mr. Brault served for twelve years as a member and acting chairman of the Trial Court’s Judicial Nominating Commission for the Sixth Judicial Circuit; served as a member of the Maryland Appellate Judicial Nominating Commission for eight years and subsequently served consecutive four year terms as Chair of the Commission by appointment of the Governor of Maryland. He is a lifetime member of the Fourth Circuit Judicial Conference. Mr. Brault is a past member of the Maryland State Bar Association Executive Committee and Board of Governors.
Mr. Brault provides leadership within the firm and across the state, sharing his knowledge and experience generously.
- Fellow, American College of Trial Lawyers
- Fellow, American Bar Foundation
- Fellow, Maryland Bar Foundation
- District of Columbia Defense Lawyers Association
- Federation of Insurance and Corporate Counsel
- American Board of Trial Advocacy
- State Commission on Uniform State Laws
- Standing Committee on Rules of Practice and Procedure of the Court of Appeals of Maryland
- Chairman (1990-1994)
- Appellate Courts Judicial Selection Commission of Maryland
- Chairman (1990-2000)
- Chairman, Appellate Courts Judicial Selection Commission of Maryland (1990-2000)
- Chairman, Standing Committee on Rules of Practice and Procedure of the Court of Appeals of Maryland (1990-1994)
- Vice Chairman, Trial Court Judicial Selection Commission of Maryland (1971-1984)
- President, Suburban Defense Lawyers Association (1971-1972)
Awards and Recognitions
- Montgomery County Bar First Annual Professionalism Award (1991)
- Montgomery County Bar Century of Service Award (1999)
- Montgomery County Bar Honorary Life Award (2002)
- Maryland Bar Foundation H. Vernon Eney Award for improvement of the Administration of Justice and Government in the State of Maryland (2002)
- University of Baltimore Charles Hamilton Houston Award for Lifetime Achievement in Litigation (2005)